Sense and smart plugs

So after noticing an issue with sense not detecting a few things turning on incorrectly I think I may have figured out what is causing this. Sitting here this morning my wife went to make a pot of coffee with her coffee maker that is plugged into a TP-HS110 smart plug but as soon as she turned it on I got a notification on my app that her iron turned on and I know with 100% certainty that it wasn’t on and thats when the light bulb in my head went off. When she turned the coffee maker on it was in that window between those data packets that go back and forth between sense and the smart plugs and because sense hadn’t received the data packet from the smart plug yet telling sense there was a change sense assumed it must have been the iron because the power signatures are similar. Not sure why I didn’t think of this yesterday when i was chatting with @RyanAtSense

The one positive thing that this proves to me is just how fast sense processes and detects things and then has to send this info out to get it to your app which there are a few steps before this happens. Not sure what the solution is but this just demonstrates just how great that little orange box is and I am impressed with it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.