Sense not recognizing identified devices

Yes, agreed that a phase switch is the most likely cause of detection issues but I stand to be corrected on a wire resistance change being problematic, especially for devices like motors and fans. I’m falling back on the voltage variation between phases being the issue along with the phase shift and mismatch with whatever magic Sense is doing for detection.

Hmmm… I’m not sure that’s true regarding using current & voltage recording … double the data for (perhaps) no great gain and lots of added cost? While it would be ideal to compare both waveforms all the time, my understanding is Sense was just doing ML on the stored aggregated waveform: i.e. power. That said, it would be nice to know that voltage & current are being stored because then we could get historical voltage readings and graphs one day!

@kevin1 has detailed some of this on this thread and here.

I just poked through a couple of the patents, Privacy docs, blogs and herein (the forum) but actually can’t find a clear statement about that one way or the other. Engineers? (@kevin1 ? @RyanAtSense )

Does Sense permanently store separate current and voltage waveforms (for) all the time? At the same frequency

[Can’t believe I don’t know this already!]

@c.swaggner, stickers rule! Sense is doing dehydrator stickers now? :smiley: