Sense not recognizing identified devices

I don’t think I had any support prior to the fridge components detections. My fridge is detected as the compressor and then separate detections for the water/ice door dispenser, fridge door light and defrost cycle.
The defrost doesn’t work quite right. It detects the On signature but not the off. So the defrost appears to run longer than it actually does.
Also, I don’t think it’s within supports capabilities to magically force detections. When I have contacted them about detections, they have been able to see the same things I have and stated that Sense didn’t have enough data built yet or there was something else preventing detection, like noise.

1 Like

This is true. If they could force detections, I’d be bribing them with cakes and other treats both to help me out and to help you guys out. Alas, it’s not that simple.

1 Like

As promised, I worked with the Data Science team to write up an article on the reasons why Sense may lose detections. Check it out and let me know if you have further questions.

3 Likes

As another data point concerning computers and other electronic devices using similar power supplies, off line switching power supplies, the power (wattage) they draw is independent of the supply voltage over the operational range. For example if the voltage goes down slightly the current goes up slightly and the power remains the same.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.