Show which devices is on from a [merged] group

I use merged devices on my electric heating shower. It has an analog dial to choose temperature and Sense sees it as different devices. It’d be cool if it could understand those devices as a different setting (Shower turn on at medium hot), or in cases like HVAC systems it tells you something like: AC compressor turned on.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, @iansampaio. I’ll be sure to share this with the team.

It is our goal that our device detection algorithms will be able to identify different settings of a device as the same device. Unfortunately, that doesn’t consistently happen at this point.

2 Likes

@RyanAtSense I suggested this a couple of years ago and just came across another case: Sense just discovered my wash machine and its drying cycle as 2 different devices (wash machine a year or so ago, and just recently it renamed a discovered heater as the dryer).
I was about to merge them since they are in fact 1 device, however I’d like to know when the dryer function is used which I’d say happens less than 50% of the time.

It would be great if the Merge Devices let use their name to highlight when the device is used. For example:

Dryer (Washer) turned off

3 Likes