So, what happens if you lose power during the first 24 hours?

I’ll repeat this with more details… You can sort this out, but it will take detective work, plus a little help from your utility.

If your utility offers hour-by-hour downloads, try downloading/exporting from them and from Sense, then do a scatter plot of utility (x axis) vs. Sense (y-axis) for the same hour. That plot should inform you of your issue.

1. It should be a 45 degree (slope=1) line with minor variations (maybe 2%).
  2. If you see a 45 degree pattern, with a bunch of points that are lower on y-axis from the 45 degree unity slope line, you are likely seeing data dropout from Sense, during a number of hours.
  3. If you have a nice line, but it is less steep than 45 degrees, then you have a systemic calibration problem.
  4. If you have an 45 degree nice line, but it appears offset on the x or y axis, then you have some kind of additional feed or drain problem, where Sense is accounting for incomplete (or extra in the case of some kind of feed-in) usage.
  5. Some combination of above…

Here’s what I discovered when I did the comparisons.

Does anybody have any cool graphs or analytics using Sense data - Please share! Data Analysis

https://community.sense.com/t/does-anybody-have-any-cool-graphs-or-analytics-using-sense-data-please-share/3302/3