Solar Cancelling out Consumption

I can understand the frustration here, but this is definitely an over-generalized statement. I think you could have more tactfully addressed your frustrations and achieved getting your point across without bringing ethnicity up or stating your opinion like it’s representative of everyone here (or, as you mentioned, “on behalf of most Americans”.)

There are a few points to address here, namely that it would be cheaper to have outsourced our entire Support team than hire the technical Support staff that we have in office. We did not. As we’re growing, we have to test and trial bringing our Support team to scale to effectively respond to users in a timely manner. That certainly comes with some hiccups, which we’re actively addressing and incorporating into our Support procedures. While it’s not a valid excuse for missing the mark with your case, I hope that makes the situation more understandable. If you are having an issue with Support, tagging me here (as you did) or reaching out via private message is always an option.

There are a variety of reasons we don’t have a phone number available. I’ve shared those below.

As several Sense users can attest to, we do offer scheduled phone support for issues that cannot be fixed with our troubleshooting steps. It’s not very common, and there are a few reasons why we do not offer phone support as a default customer support contact option.

Most Support requests require logs and research that would be extremely time-consuming for customers/users to convey. We can access all of this information directly via the Support ticket, saving users a ton of time and allowing us to get back to users in a timely fashion.

Due to the size of our team, we would not be able to handle the volume of open phone support - keep in mind that a large percentage of incoming tickets are from people that haven’t bought Sense yet and are wondering if it’s compatible with their electrical panel. That’s all handled by our Support team.

We have also spent a lot of time building knowledge base resources for some of our most common support requests issues over at help.sense.com. Often (but not always), Support requests can be answered by an existing resource on help.sense.com or with the help of the Solvvy chatbot. A phone support line would not allow users the opportunity to answer their own questions, as Solvvy currently does.

Last (but not least) is privacy - we’re not able to confirm the person calling or able to verify their account.

With all of these factors at play, we’re able to actually be of more assistance with this structure.

I just spoke with Support and this was an error with your channel maps (not a typical set-up issue) which caused the confusion on the ticket. Since this was an actual error, it took us a bit to identify the cause. Apologies for the wait and any inconvenience on your end.

As you noted, this should be fixed within the next hour (if not already).

6 Likes