Solar Data Dropouts - Is this normal?

Nothing odd happened in my household (no power outages or service disruptions on the solar side)… Yet, my meter shows a data dropout between 10:30am and 10:45am this morning… See screenshot below…

This is visible on both the web app, as well as the mobile app…

Is this a normal phenomenon? Should I just expect and accept occasional solar data drops like this? Or is this something that is abnormal and needs attention?

If both usage and solar had dropped, I would suspect your Sense monitor. But if just solar, like in your case, I would suspect your inverter cutting out for some reason. Do you have a separate monitor built-in to your inverter (I do) ?

I do… It’s a SolarEdge inverter, and the SolarEdge inverter monitor does NOT show a dropout…

FYI - I’m seeing dropouts too, but it’s both Usage and Solar. API / data pipeline issue.

Yeah… I have a feeling it is all part of this API timeout issue that the Sense technical team are trying to resolve…

My hope is that all of this data is backfilled and corrected once they resolve it…

Crossing my fingers… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.