Solar Production other than ZERO when Sun is not shining

A small annoyance, but why isn’t there a way to zero out my production when the sun is not shining?

SJ

In most cases the electronics of the solar inverter(s) actually draw a little power from the grid when there is no light shining on the panels and it should IRL show a small negative number.

1 Like

I had mine doing this at one point. Mine was caused by one of the solar CT’s laying against the side of another wire and even though it wasn’t inside the CT, just laying against the side caused it to read “production”.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same thing. However, I do expect that the Enphase Envoy gateway should be consuming like 5-7 W to keep connected to WiFi and waiting for the micro inverters to come back online. It just seems to me that the number should be negative. Maybe Sense just wants to show positive numbers but it is actually recording a power draw from the gateway rather than solar input? I just want clarity to know if it is adding this 4-7 watts of power to my solar production or if it is adding to my electrical usage.

@richie510 , good thoughts, but my Enphase output reads -3W at night. So Sense does go negative. And I have always attributed that to be draw from the inverter running in night mode. But I wouldn’t recalibrate over 5-7W that seems wrong.

My still sets at 7w of solar production at midnight…

I wish I could ‘zero’ this out somehow… to reflect that there is no solar production when the sun is on the other side of the planet

SJ

1 Like