Unknown device Heat 2

I have been trying to find out what this is for weeks now. It shows up as heat 2 but I have not been able to find this device. it turns on multiple times a day for few days and will go a day without turning on at all. It will start at about 520 and then will back down to 350 and shut off. Normally only runs about 18 to 20 mins. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Can’t see your pictures. But based on your description it sounds like some kind of refrigeration or pump.

Hi @ThomasM. I’ve adjusted your user permissions so you should now be able to upload images to your post. We can’t see the links that you provided.

I want to say refrigerator defroster, but only partially. Mine runs once a day for 20 minutes at almost exactly 500w the whole time. The 20 minutes lines up with you, and yours starts at 500w, but the lowering of wattage is interesting. Either way, my guess is fridge defroster. Look up your fridge model manual and see if it explains how/when the defroster turns on, and also see if you can find the part online and what wattage it shows. That’s how I proved mine was what I thought it was on Sense.

From what I can tell the refrigerator doesn’t line up. I have a Samsung rf28r7201sr and from the info on the refrigerator the defrost is 330W and looking at the manual looks like my defrost is on a times depending on the time of year. Right now the defrost should run between 6am to 10am but I am seeing at all times.

I know this is a old post. Just wondering if any resolution? I have the same problem Heat 2. I thought at first it was my fridge defroster but I have turned that on and off and that’s not it. Since it said heat the only other thing I could think of was maybe it was one of the two water heater elements but sense found the Water Heater separately. so I’m not sure what this Heat would be. I am still hoping it will identify itself.
Cheers

I have not pinned this one down yet. I am still trying to find out what it is.

Does it line up with any of your appliance usages? My washing machine has a water heater, for example. Same with my dishwasher; Sense hasn’t detected it but it has a similar heating pattern when I’m watching it clean. It heats water during the wash and the air for drying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.