Unknown devices - renaming

Why can’t I rename an “Unkown” device? I know what it is (A desktop computer)

You should have no problem doing that. See details here: https://help.sense.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005522568-How-to-rename-a-device

I don’t have a gear icon for unknown devices: 2) Tap the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.

I have the same situation. I am able to go to something that has been identified and see the gear and rename it. However, my hot tub has been identified as unknown and when I click on it there is no gear in the upper corner.

Can you guys post some screenshots of the missing gear screen?

One with gear and the ‘unknown’ without

Weird… Do you also have an “Other” device/bubble, or just “Unknown”. “Unknown” looks a lot like my “Other” category, which is not a real device - it’s the leftovers after all known devices, plus Always On are accounted for… I seem to remember a time when Sense transitioned from “Unknown” to “Other” as the name for that category.

No ‘others’, just ‘unknown’

A while back ‘unknown’ was renamed to ‘other’ probably to eliminate this confusion that it is actually a device. I’ve noticed that this didn’t seem to happen system wide. It pops up as unknown every now and then.