I have the following:
- Office: APC SMART-UPS 1400 (SU1400RMNET)
- Living Room: APC SMART-UPS 700 (SU700NET) / Panamax M5100-EX
- Basement: APC SMART-UPS 2200 (SMT2200R2X106)
The office UPS has my main gaming rig on it (Skylake 6700K, dual 980Tis, Seasonic SnowSilent 1050W PSU) that is always on, a second computer that I bring online for doing media work, and a Samsung UN48JS9000 that I use as a monitor. Other than that, I got misc phone and camera chargers hooked up to the UPS as well. The gaming rig will go from a few hundred watts at idle to over 1000W when gaming.
The living room UPS has a HTPC and an nVidia shield hooked up to it. The Panamax power conditioner has my TV (LG 84UB9800) and AVR (Denon AVR-X6200W) connected to it.
Basement / server room UPS has a lot of servers and network equipment connected to it, as well as an Onkyo pre-amp and a projector in the theater room.
Here’s a pic: (the amps pull way too much power to be connected to the UPS, they they are all on separate power strips (on dedicated 20A circuits).
Some servers run 24/7 and pull various loads depending on what its doing. Another server (consisting of 3 chassis’) only come on-line once a week to do a data sync against the production server.
So far, all of this equipment behind all 3 UPSs shows up as either ALWAYS ON or UNKNOWN.
In January I used a total of 2,544 kWh, and 46% was UNKNOWN and 30% was ALWAYS ON. So for January, I used 1,933 kWh that I can’t correlate to specific devices.