Weird message after enabling time of use settings

I found the settings → electricity info part and defined the 5 different zones between midnight & midnight.
When I now logon I see this at the top

And I am not able to “click it away” when clicking on the X

Not sure why you can’t click away. My guess based on the message is that you have defined TOU Rate Zones in the past, but don’t have any defined for the current time period, plus don’t have a "Default rate"specified. The error message means you are not in a rate zone. “NaN” means not a number so that indicates there are no TOU rate zones in the future.

Look at the calendar intervals for your Rate Zones carefully.

Do you see anything wrong with that?
I still have to put the weekend settings in, but since it isn’t weekend yet, that shouldn’t matter at the moment, right?
And again: i can click all I want on the “X” , it won’t go away.

All looks good, though as you suggest, weekends aren’t entered yet, but you do have the default specified… It is a bit weird in that your winter-summer transitions appear to take place on different calendar dates (April 1, June 1, June 30, and July 30) but that shouldn’t be an issue. And all of the Rate Zones are current.

Looks like you added in the data in the Web App ? If possible, try looking in the phone / tablet app. That’s where I entered mine. There might be something wonky in the Web App.

I just adjusted (in the web app) the end dates (and the amount for early morning which was off)

Also enabled the “show cost” and still have the same weird error.

If there is something wonky in the web app, is this the place to report it?

Three thoughts…

1. Report to support@sense.com

2. The motor different I notice when I look at mine in both the iOS app and the Web App is that my “bells” have turned green. That implies that there is still an error in your Rate Zones, though you have been able to save them. In the app, one can save as long as there is an error.

1. One hint of potential wonkiness. When I go to edit one of my working Rate Zones in the Web App, I get the error below. That doesn’t show an error per se, but it does show that the code is different. You obviously got around this issue by running your time to 11:59PM. But “datetimes” are notoriously tricky in code because of some of these little idiosyncrasies.

Let me help you out:

The green bells is when you choose to be notified in which zone you are “alert me when entering this zone”
There is a slider at the top where enable/disable that at the top of field where you start defining that.

There is no “error” in my definitions I can assure you

I added the weekend as well: still the same “wonky” error

So indeed I will have to revert to emailing support.
Hoped to have helped you out with your green “bells” :wink:

Thanks for the pointer on “green” vs “gray”… Have your tried to turn on the Zone Alerts ? I ask because my time zone alerts show up exactly where your “black box” is.

I have to turn on alerts to avoid seeing a bug?
Are you kidding me?

I am one of these person who has adblockers on everything, runs pi-hole as DNS.
Life is blinking enough sh* info in my face.
I know perfectly well when what ToU is active.
I do not want to notified, thank you!

1 Like

Probably related

How do i turn off these useless “NEWS UPDATES” on the left column?

Hi @dannyterhaar. The Time of Use feature error you’re experiencing looks like a bug - Support will be able to look at this on our end. Thanks for reporting the issue and sending them an email.

Regarding timeline updates: you can click the “x” in the top right of the notification to remove it from the top of the timeline feed.

But they keep popping up (and taking over the time line) if I don’t click them away.
Is that intended behavior?
Each device you can select “do you want to see it on your time line?” but these useless messages are “always” on?

I thought you were referring to the top two regarding your rate zones, but it sounds like you’re referring to all timeline notifications (devices turning on AND rate zone updates).

There is not currently a way to remove the entire timeline from your ‘Now’ screen view. It looks like you’re on a Tablet (based on your screenshot), where I believe the timeline is a little bit more prominent than the Web app (home.sense.com) and mobile app views of the same screen. I included screenshots from my home of both the Web app and Mobile app for comparison, in case either of these options are more to your liking.

Web

Mobile

check out
https://home.sense.com/settings/notifications

I think this is the page you seek. you can turn off the “energy changes” notifications.

3 Likes

ty, that was what I was looking for

I only mentioned twice I am on the web app.
4K monitor on my desktop

Must have missed that, your timeline looks enlarged compared to my view in the Web app.
It’s probably all those pixels :slight_smile: .

@ben I tried to switch that setting off

I hit “save changes” (nothing happens)

Go back to my “NOW” page

As you can see it has filled up my left top part of the “NEWS” section.
When I go again to those settings page, it is ENABLED again.

Did I run into another “feature” ?
:smiley:

Yep! It looks like you found a bug. I can make the change via the mobile app, but cannot via the web app.
It looks like a Javascript error.
Did you already e-mail support? I would add it to the ticket and hopefully they can take a look at it, but in the mean time, I would put the app on a phone/tablet even if its not your main device to use because the phone and web app are not at parity feature wise, and usually, the app is a bit more bug free.

index.js:139 Uncaught TypeError: e is not a function
    at index.js:139
    at Object.u (react-dom.production.min.js:14)
    at M (react-dom.production.min.js:15)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:15
    at W (react-dom.production.min.js:17)
    at w (react-dom.production.min.js:18)
    at L (react-dom.production.min.js:18)
    at T (react-dom.production.min.js:21)
    at gn (react-dom.production.min.js:84)
    at Nc (react-dom.production.min.js:250)
    at De (react-dom.production.min.js:39)
    at wn (react-dom.production.min.js:86)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:251
    at Object.t.unstable_runWithPriority (scheduler.production.min.js:18)
    at Ec (react-dom.production.min.js:251)
    at En (react-dom.production.min.js:85)
    at HTMLDocument.o (raven.js:376)
2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback

Just to make sure:
I logged out, removed cookies, logged back in to make sure we start “fresh”

I go to the setting page:

Change it to everything off

And looks like it is not saving at that point.
Probably same reason why it won’t let me click away the NaN message.

I did what you suggested, turned off notifications in my android app, problem solved.
Will try and add it to the ticket.

Thanks again

1 Like