What is the ONE undetected device that you would want to have detected?

If your oven has an igniter instead of pilot then Sense will likely detect that component. Won’t help much with knowing when it turns off but at least would have the “on”.

1 Like

Thanks. I think the oven has an always on pilot but the stove top does have electric igniters.
If I start the top burners a few times would that help Sense find it?

Plasma or OLED TV would be nice if it wasn’t so impossible. I’ll have to keep using my HS110

yes the Sense box is not able to see the DC inverter mini-split air conditioners. I have 3 mini-splits in my home and Sense can’t detect any of them.

The end of this Sense blog talks about the challenges with mini-splits and what Mahesh and team are doing to solve.
https://blog.sense.com/behind-the-scenes-tracking-air-conditioner/

1 Like

Thought:

There could well be a seasonal variation in mini-split detection. i.e. You install Sense during the summer AC season and it could be harder/easier for detection than if you installed in winter. Mini-splits are pretty complex machines with highly weather/usage-dependent signatures that go beyond any particular grid or household variation, as @MaheshAtSense points out in that blog.

Whatever way you look at it, Sense thrives (needs) lots of data = energy cycles. Those cycles, for most of us, range from minutes to hours to days to Seasons and even beyond so I would stretch out my expectations for mini-split detection accordingly.

Mitsubishi Minisplit Heat Pumps

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread Alive and giving the sense team some ideas for future areas to focus on device detection!!

I would like to see my EV Charger

Are you using a 120 or 240 charger? I believe only the 240 stage 2 chargers are currently being detected.

My Rheem hybrid water heater. Sense always thinks the pool pump starts when the heat pump turns on.

My Hayward variable speed pool pump.

My deep well variable speed pump, which provides water for our geothermal and for domestic use. Not only detection, but ability to handle the “noise” from the pump that’s preventing Sense from accurately detecting most of my home.

1 Like

My clothes drier, it some times detects it and other times it don’t, it got one of my TV’s but hasn’t done that in a while, Just wish it would be more reliable for all my devices, seems to drop them out from time to time had to put my shop water heater that heats my in floor heat on a hs110 plug because it stopped detecting it.

Trane variable speed heat pump.