Widget (Android app)

A widget or widgets to display info like power generated and power consumed on the home screen would be excellent.

15 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, @michael1! Just to make sure I understand, when you say home screen, you mean the home screen of the phone, not the app, right?

1 Like

Yes, That is exactly what i mean. I was previously using the enphase solar
monitoring app which provides that kind of home screen widget and it was
nice to have the info at a glance rather than needing to dig into the app
itself.

2 Likes

I’d like to bump this, would definitely like to see an Android widget. It could be a rather simple 1x4 that includes something like [ Sense Logo | Current Usage | Current $/Hr | Month kWh | Bill $$$ ]. I’m sure others would like to see other variants - maybe a one-liner 24H graph, or the variation above but with solar production, or instead of $ show number of devices turned on and always on / other markers. 1x1 widgets could be used to show state of individual devices - devices turned on and current usage.

I purchased Sense to make to bring attention to my power usage. I had been hoping to be able to do things like include 24H or 30-day graphs on my actiontiles wall-mount displays (I know about the third-party ST integration marked as beta), but it seems access to data is pretty much limited to opening the app… Which doesn’t exactly remind me to check / use it unless I think about it which defeats the point.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20190218-175708

Well at least I’ve managed to add a graph of my last 24H of power usage. Disregard the bland colors, it’s meant to blend in with my ActionTiles wall tablets.

6 Likes

??:thinking:?? Hmm

What ??? :slight_smile: Hmm

trying to see how you did that

I’m using the SmartThings Sense handler at GitHub - brbeaird/SmartThings_SenseMonitor: Connects SmartThings with Sense to pull data into SmartThings

I then export that data as it comes in to Google Sheets using SmartThings/ReadMe.md at master · krlaframboise/SmartThings · GitHub

That data is then filtered so it only shows the last 24H of data, then it has a chart built which is published as an image URL. I can then use that image in ActionTiles and/or using an Android app that allows placing image URLs that refresh every X minutes on my phone.

4 Likes

This would be quite useful. Just a display of the number of watts used in the App (like e.g. the Verizon App shows you how much data you still have for the month) would be great. A graph like the one shown by @cody above would be even better.

Bumping this one up, Id like this feature,

1 Like

Wondering on the status of that, it would be useful

Yes a widget would be awesome. Homescreen smartphone widget(Android). Or even a live wallpaper/screensaver. I set up a rarely used old tablet on my side table in the living room. to watch as things go on and off see the patterns etc. I leave the app open. Unfortunately the tablet screen times out and have to occasionally reopen it.

1 Like

Yes, please make this widget!!

1 Like

Bump. Why hasn’t this happened?

1 Like

My post needs approval, 6 years and nothing?

Only 15 Likes over 6 years. That puts this Wishlist item pretty low on the the user interest list, based on what I can see. To put it in perspective, many Wishlist items have well over 100 likes, some over 200…

Less lines of code vs weeks the post has been up

1 Like