0 w and negative measurements

My Sense has been working fine for months now. Then it started to do this…

It seems to only detected my tp link plug? What can I do?

I would contact support.

Seems like an issue for Support. I would contact them.

A guess: something wrong with your CT clamps/inputs … assuming nothing on that front has been moved around. Posting a longer period Mains waveform would be more helpful but it’s still going to be a Support issue, probably.

Contact support. Times where Sense zeros out could also be due to network issues, in addition to CT sensing weirdness.

Definitely concur here about contacting Support, if you haven’t already.

This happened to me today all of a sudden. I’ll report back when support gets back with me.

I have had situations where a flip of the breaker the Sense monitor is attached to fixes this. But better to check in with support.

Thanks for the advice, tried it and no help. It’s reading the right power, I can see on the detail page, just suddenly backwards. No solar on my setup.

Looks like the polarities got reversed somehow. I think the support guys can flip that in software on their end. Since you have been running a while, I wonder if your utility flipped something physical on you. It will be interesting to hear what the support guys say.

Heard back from support this morning. They saw that some process on my monitor restarted coincident with the inversion. They were able to fix it on their end and I’m back up and running.

Interesting note, my Always On is pegged to 0 and my showing up as Other. We suspect the negative values were messing up the running average. I’ll check if it fixes itself tomorrow.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.