A/C being metered as Water Heater

My water heater was one of the first devices Sense detected. Now when my A/C is running it is being metered as the water heater. The A/C has not been detected yet. what would be your suggestions for this issue?

1 Like

While the ac is running and being misidentified as water heater, go to your device list, choose water heater, click on the green icons as shown in this pic,

, Scroll to the bottom off your screen, click on Report a Problem, click on Device is not on.
Then please visit this thread to report your experience:

2 Likes

Thanks I will do that!

Thanks @MachoDrone

I just stumbled onto this thread, and ā€œdevice not onā€ button is just what I need. But I canā€™t find it. Is it still a feature in the current version of the software?

1 Like

The ā€œbuttonā€ is buried a little bit. You do to the Devices card, select the device that is showing as On, but is NOT ON. Click on the he Settings gear for that Device in the upper left. Then click over to the Manage tab. Once there, click on ā€œReport a Problemā€. If the device is still detected as ON at that point in time, and is not a smartplug-based device, Hue or other special type of device, you will have the option to select ā€œDevice is Not Onā€. Otherwise youā€™ll get the standard bug reporting optionsā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.