Add on CT only unit

Not sure about the electrical code and ‘smart plugs’ can be nice, but I would like an add on unit (my thoughts would be a unit mounted externally of the panel with an ethernet port) that would strictly monitor pre-device breakers and implement that data to the bubbles.

Many large consumers are on their own breaker and Sense seems to have trouble with most so this would give absolute data to whats going on while giving the main monitor ‘relief’ from trying to figure out that wattage noise if that’s even possible.

FYI, I for one would pay for something that gives me hard data and let Sense take care of the ‘this is fun to know’ items. I realize many will argue this is what the Sense monitor is supposed to do, but I don’t ever see detection being consistently perfect (or close to) all the time.

You would probably be interested in something like this
http://www.theenergydetective.com/

The GUI and API are reportedly not as good as sense. It is a lot more expensive too.

I know of all the other devices out there, was just thinking it’d be a nice integration being the UI is nice and is already built.

The cost of hardware is nothing in the grand scheme of things and the integration between units would be much better than anything 3rd party because they obviously made or designed the units.

I replaced TED with Sense 2.5 years ago. TED sucked as communication would never work right.

Thanks @32259fl,
I was thinking of TED for my brother as he has 240V 50 Hz 3 phase(and 3 phase solar) and Sense can’t cope with that.