Average Run Time?

I would like to see the average run time of a device.

I see
total usage
total est. cost
times on
total time on

now being an intelligent person, I can take (total time on)/(Times On) and get the answer I am looking for. And I can do this for a month, a week, a day, etc.

But it would be a lot more convenient if it were displayed by default. Am I missing this, or do I have to do the math myself. I ask so I can predict the runtime of different devices. and I can see if devices, like the AC or dehumidifier, are beginning to work harder or less hard. useful information for a variety of reasons.
such as, I recaulked my house, how much of a difference is it making. is my AC starting to run much longer than usual and looking as if I may have a problem. how much of a difference is setting the thermostat higher making. There are other factors at play here, but this is useful info to plug into the other side of the equation.

an average kWh per run would be useful as well.

I just now found the average runtime. It’s under the stats label.

Randy J Groves
952 Lillian St.

Prosser Wa, 99350-1031

rjgroves@live.com

I didn’t realize the stats was clickable.

so it does give a bit of info. but it doesn’t break it down by day week month or cycle.
unless I am missing something

Just so I’m sure, you’d like to see average daily, weekly, and monthly runtime per device? You can see avg times it is used in a month on the Stats page and then just multiply that by your avg runtime to get a monthly approximation for the time being (and then do some division to get your daily and weekly avg). I’ll pass on your feedback to the Product team!

That’s what I said.

I see
total usage
total est. cost
times on
total time on
now being an intelligent person, I can take (total time on)/(Times On) and get the answer I am looking for. And I can do this for a month, a week, a day, etc.

but why not have it to where when I hit day, it will show the average time for that day. when I go back a day, it will show the average for the previous day. the way it does with everything else.
same with week, month, year, cycle, etc.

the purpose of having a smart device is so that I don’t have to be smart when I don’t feel like it. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.