Baseboard heaters

I have had the sense monitor continuously active for a week now. It has discovered just one appliance, a fridge. I’m anxious to see more appliances and devices show up. The entire house is heated by a variety of baseboard heaters from 500 watts to 1,500 watts. I do have a couple of ceramic space heaters in the basement. I was wondering if Sense will detect individual heaters.

Thanks,
Hayward

I’m in the same boat. I have baseboard heating and two space heaters. I’ve had Sense for a 6 month now and hasn’t detected my space heater. I just started using my heating unit, so I going to give it a few months for it to detect.

I recently bought a KASA KP-115 to monitor the space heater. Works like a charm if you don’t have the patience.

1 Like

Hi slac101, thanks for the advice on the space heater. If Sense doesn’t pick it up I will have to invest in a smart plug. In the meantime for the baseboard heaters I have them all on smart thermostats by Mysa (https://getmysa.com/). They track and provide energy usage which I manually apply in a spreadsheet. I have asked the Sense folk to consider adding this device into their inventory of integration. I’m hopeful they will.

Thanks,
Hayward.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.