I had this installed right away. The breaker is pretty full so the electrician said he put it on the breaker for the attic baseboard electric heaters.
My wife and toddler were up there and right after and I noticed a lot of electricity consumption. My toddler had fiddled with the dial and left the heater on full blast. It detected it and I was able to know to shut it off.
I set an alarm for when it goes on again.
But my electric stove now triggers the ‘baseboard heater’ everytime I use it. The baseboard heater is on the third floor in the attic, the stove is ground floor (but relatively ‘underneath’ where the heater is).
I’m not sure why this happens. They are on separate breakers.
Also I keep having to delete my oven, washer, and dryer. When it detects one, it turns out to be wrong. My electric stove for instance has dual and triple ‘zones’ and many burners and those are getting detected separately and I was merging them but I believe I was merging a part of the stovetop with the oven or dryer because one of those devices would be on but the other shows as in use.
It’s nice to see my usage and it has helped me price out my 2.959kwH solar system because even with the occasional AC on I never went above 600w for the rolling 30 days (315 avg right now).
I also have mystery devices but I know if I can find the time to go down the rabbit hole in these threads I can pin point it. I will just need to spend a bit of time.
All in all the cost for this and the cost to get it installed is all well worth it for what it does. I think there could be improvements and I’m sure it would detect better if there was one in every home all providing data into the AI.