[BUG] - Always on and other "monitor was offline" but it wasn't

@JustinAtSense what the heck???

There’s some general confusion on this ticket - I’m talking with Nick right now and he’s going to take a look at this report. Ticket #264763 might need to be escalated to DS to take a look at. Either way, I’ve shared this with our team as an example of an interaction/situation that we should look to improve moving forward. Expect a response from Nick shortly to iron out any confusion and work towards a resolution.

2 Likes

Working with Nick some progress has been made with the mess of tickets I have open.

The issue with Trends and device graphs being 1 off. Day, Week, Month, Year not updating until after the next full D,W,M,Y has passed has been resolved.
Someone at Sense had wrongly changed my time zone back to Denver (MST) for a second time. I noticed this, had Nick change it back to EST as I’m in NY. All graphs in the web app now reflect the current D,W,M,Y.
I don’t think either of us expected this to be the cause.
Unfortunately, now my mobile app is 2hrs behind showing that it’s only 10:45pm. Hopefully this resolves itself with the new day. *2:30am update, mobile app is now showing correct time.

‘other’ being shown on daily graphs but not weekly, monthly or yearly totals (both web and mobile) has been reported to “engineering” as a bug awaiting their response.

The issue with the web app Merge screen listing two “Other merged devices” ‘AC 4’ & ‘Fridge 3’ that could not be found anywhere in my device list or elsewhere in Sense is suspected to be “Mistake Models from the machine learning process”. Nick was able to tell me the device ID’s so I could access the devices from the web and delete (aka ‘unmerge’ them) them both.

They are still working on correcting the naming issue in the web app where ‘Delete’ has been re-labeled ‘un-merge’.

There has been a lot of confusion with ‘Not Ac’ and ‘Motor 2’ duplication and wattage reporting. Nick was able to push an update to my ‘Motor 2’ model but could not push one to ‘Not AC’. The push resulted in ‘Motor 2’ sticking on.
I deleted ‘Not AC’. Immediately ‘Motor 2’ turned off and ‘Other’ Massively ballooned.
‘Motor 2’ still reports about 50w higher than my smart plug, but the cycles appear to be in sync with my dehumidifier and the smart plug reporting. It’s still to early to tell with any certainty.

I’ve noticed that Sense has been overreporting wattage of other native detections as well.
I have an add on CT clamp monitoring a circuit called ‘Garage & Outside lights’. Part of that circuit is a natively detected device called ‘Garage Shop Lights’. The native detection has begun reporting 575-650w and sometimes jumps to over 800w while the CT monitoring that circuit still accurately reports about 545w.

2 Likes

Since deleting ‘Not AC’, ‘Motor 2’ has been quite accurate detecting the on/off cycles of my dehumidifier. Though still reporting higher than actual wattage. Same for what’s connected to my CT clamp and a couple other smart plugs.

Other bubble appears more often than not recently. Before it would rarely appear. Today it showed over 2000w for quite some time and between 200 & 600w nearly all day. Still not reporting any historical (or trends) for ‘other’.

Still waiting for Sense Web developers to figure out how to change this single word “Unmerge” to “Delete”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.