Can't get back online

Switched out router to Altice One and can’t get back online with Tab about 3ft from Sense Monitor. Does Sense app run on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, I an installed message about compatibility?

What changed when you set up the new network. Same SSID? Can you verify that the router has both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios? Sense can only connect via a 2.4GHz network. The tablet should not be an issue as Sense has an Android app.

Sense was working on a previous network with no issues?

How are you trying to connect to the new network? You change Wi-Fi networks via Settings > My Home and then select the network line in the Network Connection card. You should also run a Network test, at the bottom of that card.

Different SSID using 2.4GHz.

Worked on previous NetGear Orbi.

Network test “Can’t find Sense”. Tablet 3ft from Monitor.

I had the same problem with a dual band (2.4 & 5mhz) router.
What worked for me was disabling the 5mhz band and then connecting. I use both bands so it couldn’t remain that way. After Sense connected that first time and after I turned the 5 band back on, I’ve had no problems.
Not sure why unless something in the router somehow set the steering for the device.
This router I have now doesn’t allow for manual steering.

It’s hard to say from afar what might be causing your issues, but band steering seems reasonable as @samwooly1 suggests. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.