In the past the Dashboard has accurately shown my trend for my bill and where I currently am. For the last little bit, this graph has not been displaying correctly or as I think it should. The green “Trending” line looks as expected, but the black line for my actual usage is much below the green line, even though it looks like it should be about aligned with the trend, and over the current billing cycle it appears to have hardly raised up, even though it should.
You’re raising an issue that I noticed last night. Based on my experimentation, I think the solid black line is correct and the green “trend wedge” is wrong. Here is what I think has happened:
- Sense removed the “Show cost” calculation from Dashboard in the web app and phone/tablet app a bit ago. @JuliaAtSense explains here:
- Sense did not remove the “Show Cost” switch.
- It looks like the web app developer also missed removing a piece of the Dashboard cost functionality, because I get a different Dashboard view with the “Show Cost” switch on and off. It looks like the green “trend wedge” changes scale relative to the actual cost trendline when switched.
- With “Show Cost” Off, the line and wedge match up in scale.
- With “Show Cost” On, the wedge gets moved to a different scale.
I’m guessing your “Show Cost” under Settings > Electricity Info is turned on. Turn it off and see if it makes a difference.
Real fine… I found this about a month ago. On the PC desk top it does not show the trend. But on the android phone it does show the trend. I use this daily. Later…Gerry…
You got it. With “Show Cost” disabled, the graph shows as expected on home.sense.com
Thanks for checking - I’m going to report as a known bug to @JamesDrewAtSense.
This is a known issue I am aware of and have already reported. I’ll update this thread when I have more information.
At this time, I would advise looking at your trend on your mobile device as this still works as expected; it is only on the Sense web app home.sense.com where this should be happening.
Thanks for your patience while we work on this issue. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thanks @JamesDrewAtSense ! Even on the Web App, there’s an easy workaround - just turn OFF “Show Cost”.