First impressions, first questions....

Congrats that things are working nicely for you. All good questions. From my experience:

1. My Sense Solar / Inverter reads about -2 to -3W at night. Either a calibration offset or more likely just what it takes to keep the inverter running in night mode. I wouldn’t try to recalibrate over something so small.

2. EVs aren’t fast or easy for detection. I have two 240V EVs and it has been on again off again as far as detection is concerned, since every detection is fairly car/model/software specific. Good info explanation in this blog article:

1. Don’t count on any of those devices to be detected since they are DC electronics (power supplies mask transitions that Sense looks for to determine on and off). It might find the Samsung TV using NDI, but I wouldn’t wait on that either. There’s not a huge advantage to it being detected before you apply a smartplug, that is going to be much more accurate in terms of predicting/measuring power usage. Take a look at the power usage of a TV and you’ll see why Sense can’t predict. Hint: power usage varies vastly with different content.
1 Like