Fridge and Freezer swapped signature

Both were originally detected about the same time 12 months ago but started swapping signatures last month. Brands are different (Samsung and Kelvinator)

Should I delete, rename or leave alone?

This is the Fridge, notice the startup spike was higher then went lower mid-jan before recovering and then lower again mid-feb.

This is the Freezer with the opposite behavior

ignore the 703w and 555w, it is not centered on the peak.

1 Like

@Bubuski,

I’ve seen this issue myself and reported it to Tech Support about a month ago. It’s acknowledged and in work with the super-clever folk.

Worth reporting yourself to Tech Support as the more examples of the issue they have data from, the better chance they have of finding the cause and fixing it.

Once I’d reported it, and confirmed they didn’t need more data from me, I deleted one and renamed the correctly and it re-detected the deleted one correctly.

Here is what happened overnight.

The Freezer reverted back to logging the Freezer signature :grinning:
My Fridge disappeared in the app :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
A new Fridge device got detected the is now reading the fridge signature.:neutral_face:

Time to report it and probably delete both.

Recommend leaving it as-is for a while. It looks like it has corrected itself, unless I’m misunderstanding of course.

Then if it repeats, you’ll have some real good data to report and software bug fixing folk love data

Old topic. It’s a year old and I just want to keep it open in case tech support reads the community.
A year later and I’m having the exact same experience.
Sorry, A year seems like an awful long time to not have figured out a fix yet.

Mine has not had an issue since my last update. Report yours to tech support and see what they can figure out.

Conflation between devices is not a “single fix” kind of issue. It occurs when patterns Sense learns are similar enough to be confused. If you have ever worked with a photo program that recognizes faces, just watch what happens when one wrong face slips into one persons roster of faces… Suddenly you get more detections of “wrong” faces… Similar to this kind of conflation, but the issue is not a single bug, but occasional missed guesses spiraling,.

My Brother is not on Facebook. I often get tagged as him in photos his wife posts.

My Toaster oven and coffee maker confuse sense. They use the same dual power outlet. I am not worried as they are not on enough to use a significant amount of power.

Fridges get really complicated. Mine has two sets of lights(one fridge, one freezer), a fan that comes on after a minute of the lights being on, compressor, defrost, ice maker and water filter. I put a HS110 on it as I think it uses 20-30% of my winter power bill.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen with photoshop many times, I understand.
I have just left the fridge and freezer alone and have reported each “this device is not on” a couple of times. The frequency of mixups has decreased a little. They are so close a signature that I was surprised sense was able to tell them apart at all. They use within 4 watts of each other but one has a slightly higher startup spike. I can tell the difference but have the benefit of locally seeingnor hearing which one turned on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.