It took a little while to get the install working well but now my Sense software is detecting a lot of devices. Some are straightforward such as Fridge, Fridge Light (which I was able to correlate), Garage Door.
Others are a little more complicated and confusing.
Let me tell you about my house, it’s pretty standard:
We have a fridge, a garage door opener, a lot of vampire power devices
We have AC (which hasn’t been a factor yet, it’s cold in Boston)
We have a high efficiency oil burner with:
- four zones (upstairs, downstairs, basement, living room) and a water heater
- three circulators (seems to be one right at the beginning of the water circuit, one at the end and one for the water heater)
- four electric valves
We also have a baseboard electrical heater in the kitchen (the ones that warm your feet when they are cold an my wife tells me she runs it often during the day to keep the pipes from freezing but I don’t think that’s been identified.
I’ll try to attach screenshots but I think I’ll be limited being a new poster.
Here are my questions:
- I think I have identified a deice to me the Furnace Blower (I think it’s a thing). What surprises me (I guess it’s the point of Sense) is that it is one most of the day and is responsible for 12% of my daily use. Does that sound right? It was initially identified as a motor.
- Sense has identified an Unnamed heat 1 device which is high wattage (2206W) and goes on a few times a day for a short amount of time. Probably oil furnace related but what do you think it is.
- Unnamed heat 2 runs very rarely for a consumption of 461w. It’s been identified but I can’t imagine what it is.
- Unnamed heat 3 and Unnamed motor 2 seem to be the same device as they use exactly the same W. It does seem to identify as the latter more often and quickly fires every day a few times
- Unnamed heat 4 has been identified but the avg consumption is 0, fired 0 times this month, for no usage. Strange right?
What do you guys think? Screenshots follow.