How is auto-combining working for you?

I just had Sense combine part of my oven with my water heater. I posted about it in another thead, but I figured it would be good to post here to keep things on topic.

Capture

The odd thing is though, that I still have an Oven 4 (though, I think this is to be expected. I think this is my new “water heater” but I also still have a water heater device.

The old water heater device has all the historical data. My water heater was detected on like my 3rd day of Sense, so I had lots of data for it. Now when the water heater comes on, Oven 4 is reported as being on. I don’t know yet if it will also come on if the oven is on.

It’s also unknown what will happen if I just delete Oven 4. I really won’t lose much from my oven detection (my various oven detections are a bit weird, which I posted about here) since Oven 4 was just a small part, but Sense then may need to completely redetect the water heater. Support didn’t offer any advice on this one way or another, but I’ll wait a bit to see if they say anything about that.

I submitted a ticket to support about this already. The support tech did say they are working on a feature to allow the user to accept the auto-combination, but also said they have a time-frame on when this may happen.