Insight on this?

A month or 2 back I posted to the forum about some odd device detection I was seeing - a new device was being incorrectly equated to a previously (and correctly identified) coffee maker. At a high level, the new device was fluctuating between 1W and 40W at very frequent intervals (for hours and hours), and definitely was not the coffee maker. At that time I deleted the coffee maker, and it soon enough sense ‘redetected’ the coffee maker and all was good…until…

In the last few days, I now have a similar issue. A group of correctly identified LEDs have now been morphed by sense into a new device that fluctuates between 1W and 40W at very frequent intervals (for hours and hours). This is definitely not the LEDs (or the coffee maker).

I am not sure I have explained this very well…here is the graph. Anyone have any insight into what this is?

Also, when I now switch on the group of LEDs, the LED device in sense doesn’t flinch. In other words, sense hijacked a previously and correctly detected device and the LEDs went back into the Other bucket.

I’m going to run this by the DS team as it’s pretty weird. Have you submitted a Support ticket?

It’s really weird…haven’t submitted a ticket yet, but certainly can.

To recap:

1. Sense detects a device, it’s definitely my coffee maker, and I label it.
  2. Sense then sees some other signature (bouncing from 1W to 40W for hours on end) and decides this is now the coffee maker. I decide to delete the device.
  3. Sense correctly re-detects the coffee maker.
  4. A few weeks later Sense detects another device, it’d definitely a cluster of LED lights, ‘Storage Room Lights’, and I label it.
  5. Sense then sees some other signature (bouncing from 1W to 40W for hours on end) and decides this is now the ‘Storage Room Lights’ device that was previously detected.

Well…around 8pm on Monday evening it seems like this wonkiness went away. No rogue/hijacked device bouncing between 1W and 40W. @RyanAtSense did the DS team do something, or did my Sense device sober up?

Don’t believe anything was done! It’s been busy around here so I don’t believe your issue was looked at yet. I was actually going to check in with you today to see if things resolved themselves.

Well I spoke to soon. The mystery/hijacked device returned, fluctuating between 1W and 40W. Returned when I started the dishwasher (an already detected device). The plot thickens.

:tired_face: I’m going to shoot you a quick PM.

I have the same issue. I try to properly catagorize components with little luck

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.