INVESTIGATING: New device history not filling

Quick update on this: We’ve pushed a fix out for this, so it shouldn’t continue to happen with new devices. However, it is not retroactive. We’re investigating how to fix the devices this has affected.

2 Likes

Would this also affect the data in the usage tab under day? Mine never fills until the next day. We used the stove at lunch time, but the stats page says 0 for everything.

That sounds unrelated and definitely abnormal. You should bring that to Support.

This is what I’m talking about. See how times on and time running are both 0, even though you can tell from the chart it’s run. I can definitely submit a support ticket if that would be helpful.

Could be that somebody here has a concept of why this might be occurring during the first detection(s). Mine guess goes something like this:

“Times on” = number of times the device has been ON+OFF. i.e. a “full detection” cycle between the ON signature and then the OFF signature.
With certain post-processing that Sense does it may have detected the ON alone and missed the associated OFF and so didn’t strictly “close out” the detection cycle. The same would go for “Total time on”. It only clocks the the “Times on” after a complete cycle but meanwhile it accounts for the device power usage using a guesstimate based on the previously full detection cycles.

Actually you may be right about that. The dryer was still running when I took that screenshot.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.