Kasa HS-110 being discontinued, what's next?

They return to the same state they were in before the power outage.

I do not know if it’s guaranteed (and couldn’t find anything on their web site), but my KP115 seems to stay in whatever state it’s set for. I assume it has some kind of setting storage in it.

So, if it’s on when the power goes out it should be on when it returns, just like the HS110’s did.

I installed 2 KP115 recently and they work well. Now that some of my Always On load is tracked by smart plugs, it would be helpful if the Always On bubble showed “attributed” and “unattributed” loads separately, where the attributed load is the portion that is tracked by smart plugs. Right now my total Always On is 197 watts and 51 of those watts are tracked by smart plugs. I still have work to do to track down the unattributed portion.

1 Like

I assume the KP115’s that have been received (such as from BLT) seem legit and not counterfeit? I imagine they are, it just seems odd that, as of this moment, the Kasa website still lists the KP115 as “Coming Soon” and some of the more prevalent retailers like Amazon and Best Buy don’t yet have them available for immediate shipment.

2 Likes

The one I received via Amazon was legit. Sealed and packaged in standard TP-Link Kasa consumer packaging. But more importantly, works with the Kasa app and with Sense.

1 Like

I got mine thru Amazon, looked like totally legit packaging, etc. At the time they did say something like “only 12 left, order soon”, so I’m guessing they just ran out.

And, the Kasa site (https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/smart-plugs/kasa-smart-plug-slim-energy-monitoring-kp115) makes no mention that it’s “Coming Soon”.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @andy and @kevin1… I should clarify that I had seen them on Amazon a week or so ago as Prime and listed for $22.99 IIRC. I’m not certain if they were listed as immediate shipment. This may have been the same time you ordered them Andy - a part of me feels like I saw a similar “only 12 left, order soon” disclaimer. Should have pulled the trigger when I had the chance… now they’re $28.99, not Prime, and don’t ship until the end of November. Let’s hope the Amazon price comes back down to the low $20 range, which seems more appropriate - especially for users buying multiple outlets.

The “Coming Soon” I mentioned is on the page showing all Kasa smart plugs - screenshot below. However the specific KP115 page you linked still has the option to enter an email to ‘Sign Up for Updates’. Seems like their web team just hasn’t updated this yet.

2 Likes

Yes, I think when a new product enters the market, and the sales channel fills with inventory, different “distributors” have different timelines for availability. Sometimes external channels, get more inventory than the “house” (Kasamart) channel. I just bought an iPhone via Best Buy yesterday because there was a 2 week wait via Apple’s own website.

I also bought mine through amazon prime and they were $22 and there were 12 left at the time. Now they are all gone.

This thread is closed, the successor to the HS-110 has been released and is compatible with Sense.

3 Likes