Library of waveforms

Does anybody know if there exists a library of users’ device waveforms? I think if sense added somewhere on the site (or maybe I haven’t found it) a place where users/deva could upload screenshots of waveforms of common devices. I think it would help a lot of people in identifying unknown devices. Something with a drop-down of categories so you could select something like “heating elements” and there could be subcategories like “refrigerator defrosters” or something, and then it’d show samples of waveforms. Just an idea, I think it could save a lot of headache. Have a good one!

1 Like

This is what you are looking for.

Follow the instructions there and you’ll find what waveforms in the “library” like this.

2 Likes

https://community.sense.com/c/device-detection/device-library

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

It’s needs some more developing, but it’s a start!

Awesome! Thanks so much guys, you’re right; this is exactly what I was looking for!

2 Likes

Is there a particular/specific device you are looking for?

BTW: I just tried but couldn’t create a new topic to add some waveforms in the Device Library.

I’ve got a sporadic heating element that I’m having trouble tracking down. Very random times throughout the day and I haven’t been able to associate it with any conventional plug-in items. It has a 69% of being attributed to a coffee maker, but that device has already been identified, and the unknown still draws power when the coffee maker is unplugged.

Posting is limited to invite only, just to keep the quality of posts high. If you have something you’d like to submit and would like to join the “Librarians” group, either shoot me or @kevin1 a PM.

You could always post the waveform along with information about when it runs and the amount of electricity it uses for other user to help you identify.
Before the library came along, this was how we all got help and helped one another.

My sporadic heaters turned out to be refrigerator & freezer defrost cycles. One more that popped up later was the heating element in the refrigerator ice-cube maker.

@John5 & @c.swaggner … I believe that in general most auto-defrost fridge/freezers are engineered for a single daily defrost cycle that runs for a pre-set and traceable amount of time. My Blomberg BRFB1312 defrost comes on once every 24hrs at 150W, runs for 20 minutes and then the fridge switches off completely (only time it’s on “0w”) for 5 minutes. This would be: “heat frosting; let it drip and drain”.

Meaning: You can probably infer whether a Device is a fridge/freezer based also on the number of sporadic heat cycles. More than one/two a day (?) probably isn’t a fridge/freezer unless perhaps it’s misbehaving. This could be a good indication of malfunction. Any fridge/freezer mechanics out there?

I’m in the process of posting a more detailed breakdown of my frdige waveforms to the Device Library.

1 Like