Moved smart plug. How to delete old history?

I moved a smart plug from a device that normally runs at 1W to one about 40W. How may I delete the historical data associated with the time before the switch?

I have the same issue. I think it would be nice if the data from the smart plug was being stored on the device profile setting so if you wanted to move the plug to another device you could simply go in the settings and tell it that you’re moving the plug to another device. I think it would help with learning device signatures.

Hey @scorp508. Unfortunately, no. The only way to currently delete smart plug data is to remove the integration and reset it, but that’ll delete data for all of your plugs.

Yikes, definitely not something I am willing to do at this time. Anything on the horizon to help fill this gap? Or can support do a single plug behind the scenes?

So there’s nothing on the short-term roadmap right now for this, but it’s something we have some ideas about/have discussed internally. My recommendation is to add a “Product Wishlist” post titled something like “Ability to Delete or Reset Individual Historical Smart Plug Data/Devices”.

So if only 1 smart plug is used, and I’m ok with removing and adding again, how would i do that? (do i understand correctly that if i had more than 1, it removes them all?)

Does the power strip show each outlet as individual and monitors them separately, the 5 oy 6 outlet one listed as compatible.
Thanks much for your time,
Joel

I think the route to remove a Kasa smartplug history is to Disable the TP-Link integration. But that removes all Kasa smartplugs and histories. If you only have one, that would be workable.

The HS300 is the supported 6 outlet strip and each plug is monitored separately. The only downside is that once you use one, that counts as 6 toward the Sense practical limit of 20 smartplugs. I have one HS300 in use in my video cabinet that I probably wouldn’t hav bought had I used my traveling HS110 (predecessor to KP115). Many of the devices I have plugged into the HS300 only use 5 watts at most, and are very low when in standby. I could have gotten by with 2 KP115s with one managing a dumb power strip.

Thank you Kevin1 for the added information, very helpful.
thinking 1 or 2 kp115 might be a good way to do some learning,

thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.