New Members/Old Members: Introduce yourself!

Hi there @walternowicki - welcome to Sense! There are a few things that could help you here that I’m sharing below.

• 10 Steps to Getting Started with Sense : If you haven’t familiarized yourself with the features in Sense, this is a great resource for a step-by-step breakdown of how you can get the most out of Sense including how to set your electricity rate and how to track progress and set goals.

Here are a couple resources on how we recommend tracking down unknown devices.

• “I can’t find a mystery device”
    What’s that Unnamed Device? ” is a deep look at some of the potential mystery devices in a home that could be part of a larger appliance (like a motor and a heating element). If you’re still having trouble figuring out a mystery device, you can post detailed information to the Device Detection category so community members can help!

Here are a couple features/integrations that can help you add more devices to Sense.

• Using Sense with Smart Plugs : Our smart plug integration allows for instant detection for devices. I currently use several Kasa HS-300’s to monitor my entertainment center and office. With the smart plugs we integrate with, you can name the device plugged into each individual outlet and that information (and data) will be visible within Sense. Learn more about the types of Smart Plugs that Sense supports here. @kevin1 published a great response that highlights the different status of a smart plug in Sense here.

• Sense Always On Estimates allow you to enter in Always On wattage estimates for devices that are “always on” in your home. You can learn more about the feature here:

2 Likes