Power Quality Voltage data exports of 30 days +

@zechkacey , Appreciate your comments and thoughts since you’re someone with a actual view on the hard costs associated with running a big data operation like Sense’s. For me the subscription-free data history is extremely valuable and I realize the data storage value Sense is providing. Not that many users are cognizant of the costs so think nothing of asking for more “free data”. It would be interesting to hear your opinion on the actual costs. Note that Sense does compress aged Power Meter data via aggregation/reduced resolution (data point per minute) and transfer to cold storage after a few months.

On the other hand, I don’t think this particular request would be costly from a data perspective, because based on what I have seen of Sense’s internal tools in limited videos, they are already storing the voltages in the same persistent database as the Power Meter. Here’s one video that shows some of their internal tools. Use the YouTube Chapter summary to navigate to the last 3 sections.

There’s a bit more on working with Sense-provided L1 and L2 voltages in Home Assistant here.

1 Like