Sense Customer Support Experience

I am a very new user of Sense. I got it for my birthday in August and installed it on 8/21. All was good with the setup and I have been patient with it having only 13 devices discovered so far. A week ago today I got a notification that my sense was offline so I contacted Sense Support. Is it just me or is Sense Support extremely slow or under staffed?

My sense has been offline for over a week at this point and I am growing impatient with this slow response. I am a technical person and realize they are overwhelmed on a daily basis with super technical issues from installation to all sorts of networking issues. I have done as many things as I personally can (over and beyond what Support has asked me to confirm) yet crickets from their end.

It took 24 hours for support to respond to my initial email and I would provide answers quickly and then have to wait yet another day for a response. This has been going on for a week now and I haven’t gotten any updates in several days and they have gone dark on me yet my Sense monitor is still offline.

I am not looking for technical guidance here as I personally feel I have a defective monitor as it is not able to “connect to sense servers” yet I have tried numerous networking changes including using the hot spot on my phone. Just curious if I am the only one experiencing slow responses from support?

I have had mixed responses. Sometimes same day, sometimes one interaction via email per day, taking a week to resolve. A few words of self-help:

• You might want to try this new feature to take a look at your connectivity.
    Sense is hard to get connected - #2 by kevin1

• If that doesn’t give you any info, or if the info doesn’t help diagnose an issue, often a cycling of the breaker that Sense is attached to, will restore connectivity.

Admittedly, we’re still quite a small company and thus the Support team is small. However, turnaround time on tickets is usually within 24 hours during the week. I’m going to shoot you a private message, as our head of Support would definitely like to hear from you.

Thanks unfortunately I have been through that many times and my monitor flat out refuses to connect to any access point. I have tried several.

Ryan, I appreciate the response and understand. Tyler finally sent me a response back this afternoon and I have responded with further details.

1 Like

It is extremely frustrating - I submitted a request - there is zero sign of my monitor. I understand the initial contact can take a while, but there seems no way for “back-and-forth” trouble shooting. EG “is there a light on?” “You mean on the orange box” wait 45 minutes: “yes”… Meanwhile, I am sitting here…

How does one escalate an issue in Support? Is there any management oversight into the open issues?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.