Hello any and all with any help here!
Just got my sense solar this past Friday.
I did the install myself, seemingly with no problems!
On first startup and connection, software was updated and that seemed to go fine.
Got both the grid power probes and solar probes connected, and was getting readings on grid usage, and then started solar setup.
Here’s where it starts to get interesting.
Started three install around 730pm, got my panel opened up, device clamps connected, and device updated and 'detected as Installed as of 809pm pacific.
I was looking around the app, then I started the solar setup and for those of you who know how the solar setup works, it starts off with wanting to turn off the inverter, and it also shows the solar production at that time and I didn’t have much maybe 50-80 as the sun was nearly gone, but it did detect it.
I turn off the inverter, and it INSTANTLY detected it as off, and then it requests the inverter to be turned on.
I turn it on, doesn’t detect it being turned on and in checking the status, on the inverter itself, it’s showing no production so I figure That’s the problem and close everything is and call it a night.
Since then I’ve tried everything again, and no matter what I do, I can NOT get it to detect the inverter being turned off, so it fails everytime.
One thing I did discover, during the first 10+ attempts is that the solar production was detecting 4-12 watts even though it was off.
In Another 5+ attempts of changing things around, I got it down to ZERO detected and figured that was what it needed.
I’m guessing there’s some sort of feedback, or power bleeding over.
Now, It will even show ZERO watts, I have the inverter off, and the solar disconnect off, and the breaker for the solar delivery off, removed the clamps, flipped the clamps, disconnected the clamps, and it will NOT detect OFF! And then fails.
I’ve got a sunny boy sma Sb6000us inverter
Eaton 200amp panel
I did get a message, in the sense app the 2nd day in that there was a problem detected and that it was automatically fixing it and the next day it said it was fixed.
I started getting device detections today, this is the 4th day since installation.
I even got a notice, this morning that there is ‘unmonitored solar production detected’.
I went through the setup, again, and again, same results.
Thank you for any input it direction here folks!