Something’s not right with Solar measurements?

So I have had several troubles getting this fixed, still not right… My Sense seems to have a “load” that rides up and down with the Solar load…See the chart…I have turned off breakers…still shows up as “other”. And I have a comparison to the Solaredge app…wondering if CT clamps are backwards…Solar tech was inside my panel moving around my “worK”, now Im suspicious…

As a test, I turned off my invertor and the mysterious load that shadows the solar produced also went away… or maybe its a calibration thing ?

I have been working with support, but not fixed yet, any one out there with similar experiences?
Photos

And heres what leads to my suspicion something is up?

1 Like

when you send these pictures to support, they should be able to fix that immediately.

1 Like

+1 for @dannyterhaar recommendation

1 Like

1 Like

I have this same issue. Have been emailing with support for a couple weeks and just don’t get anywhere. Like they don’t see the history of the communications so it’s like I’m always starting from scratch. My version of this issue switches every once in a while too - from usage mimicking Solar production, to solar eliminating all usage. We aren’t in our house right now so usage is consistent refrigerators etc., except when we charge our car there. These photos are identical circumstances, but info is flipping. And both are not correct. Any ideas? (Trying to figure out how to attach images…)

1 Like

So I have made good progress with their tech support, after I emailed them. It turns out, in my case, my solar panel provider was inside my electrical panel and had moved around my CT sensors clamps such that when they closed the electrical panel cover, it would push open the CT clamp. This was allowing the clamp to erroneously sense some solar energy during the day….

Check all your CT’s (safely if you have the means), and make sure their all facing the same direction (via the labels printed on em). I.e, both face into a breaker, etc.

1 Like

Yes sensors are all solidly connected.

Hey @jh9856 - I’ll touch base with Support on your ticket and make sure that someone assists you in figuring out what’s going on with your solar numbers.

This might make some of the correspondence with Support difficult since they’ll probably ask you to verify your CT’s are fully closed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.