What is the ONE undetected device that you would want to have detected?

I have a Frigidaire 5 years Old that is detected. The heating element has not been detected, just the motor for the main pump for water pressure and spin the blades.

We have an 8 year old Bosch and Sense has found one component, the heating element.

3 Likes

Our dishwasher got detected (but not reliably) after more than a year. As they keep saying, “patience”.

1 Like

Thanks all. So it would seem that the dishwasher is a candidate for an HS110 plug…

1 Like

@jlj.pers
You’ll likely have to do some electrical work to use an HS110 for the dishwasher. Adding a receptacle box and change the dishwasher cord.

Thankfully my dishwasher is connected that way already. As is the washing machine, another candidate for the HS110. Unfortunately the gas furnace, which has emerged as a significant energy use (mostly) due to its fan, and given that we keep it on 1/3 of the time as “circulate mode”, is hardwired and there is no way to put the HS110 there without serious electrical work (if it is even possible to do it to code).

1 Like

If it were me, I’d wait it out and save the HS110 for devices that are known to never be detected.
I believe sense will find at least one component of your dishwasher like the rest of have experienced.
Mine is just the pump motor and not the heater for now but I’m hopeful.

1 Like

Well sense found my EV but it hasn’t detected it in a week so i guess i would say that the one device is still my EV. I know it is still learning and i know it will start detecting it again and i just have to be patient.

1 Like

Just posting to see how many people are waiting on their most desired detection to happen or if they have a new one.
All of my energy hogs have been detected. First I wanted the water heater, got it. Then the heat pump, got that one. As I would get each one I would dream up another device that I wanted detected. The floor heater was on the list the longest and I finally got it awhile back. There aren’t any others that are very important to me anymore.
I would like to keep this thread alive with people posting the detections they would like, hoping Sense looks here and concentrates efforts for the most desired devices.

2 Likes

Pool pump would be great.

3 Likes

I realized that although my “dryer” has been detected, it is only the heating element. The motor is classified as “other”. It is our biggest energy hog, so it’d be nice to have the whole device be detected to have a more accurate idea of its total consumption.

1 Like

Are you saying the dryer itself is the biggest hog or the motor? My dryer uses 1800-5500 watts of heat alone based on the heating cycle selection. The motor is around 100 watts. While I’d like for all of it to be lumped into a single device, it all depends on what I have it set on.

My Dryer motor has been detected - yet not the heating elements. I found that kind of strange - but wish it would be detected as it is one of my major electron gobblers!

The whole dryer is the biggest hog. I’d estimate heater is 80-85% and motor the rest. Still, it’d be nice to have it all together.

2 Likes

I have Sense installed 2 and a half weeks ago, it has detected my Dryer, Fridge, Toaster Oven my Philips Hue bulbs and light strips and a Dehumidifier I have connected on a Wemo plug, however the one or actually two thing I want it to detect are two out of my 5 split AC systems the ones I use the most, not sure why they are not being detected yet.

That’s a great detection rate for 2 weeks. Sounds like you have 3 Sense native detections in addition to the smart plugs and bulbs.
Are the split A/C systems traditional or the mini-split variety?

@jorge.salvatierra Your split AC systems - Are they by any chance mini split units with inverters on the compressor? If so, they are a bear to identify. Many users are having that issue, myself included.

not sure what you mean by mini, one is 18,000 BTU and the other one 12,000 Btu both with inverter technology.

yes, they are both actually al 5 of them are inverter.

I think mini refers to not being whole house units. Typically the internal unit does one room. They originally didn’t have ducts. They have evolved considerably over the last few decades.

They are often much more efficient than whole house units.

1 Like