My favorite holiday is new release day! We’re very excited about this release. While there’s nothing earth shattering here, we think it’ll make the Sense experience a lot more fluid and efficient for users new and old.
The tab bar
Tired of sore thumbs from stretching your hand to the corner menu button? Then you’ll like this update. We got rid of the “hamburger menu” and replaced with an always-open tab bar at the bottom of the screen. You can now enjoy effortless navigation around the Sense app, making it easier to check out the new features we’re continually rolling out (like Goals!).
From Usage to Trends
We’ve also renamed the Usage screen to Trends. We feel it better reflects the data that you’re looking at. Within Trends, we’ve renamed the Trends card to Usage.
Getting started process
Most of you won’t ever see this since you’ve already installed and set up your Sense monitor, but we’ve also updated the getting started process for new users, making some changes that should help clarify what exactly is happening as Sense learns about your home for the first time.
- On the Now screen, tapping either your live usage or the plug icon will direct you to the current day in Usage, just as you can already do with with solar production and the solar icon. This was actually a feature request that came a few months ago, so big thanks to @NJHaley for the idea!
- On the Device Details screen, when you’re linked from the Power Meter card in Device Details to the full Power Meter, time will now automatically scale to the last 24 hours. This was another feature request that will hopefully make it a little easier to identify usage patterns with new devices without having to pinch and zoom out first.
- One final feature request that @miracj brought up a long time ago, You can now find a link to the Community Forum under Settings > Help.
- Fixed an issue with the Usage screen crashing
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Goal progress card
- Fixed an issue with the Now screen layout in landscape mode on iPads
As always, let us know what you think! We just pushed to Google Play and the App Store, so it might be a few hours before you’re able to download the latest update.