[Bug] - Network problems

When I select a device from the Devices tab, I get the red alarm banner, but the data eventually populate the screen—it just takes 20-30 seconds. I will report it via the support address you provided. Thanks.

Would this also have caused issues with the power meter? I have a gap from about 3:20am until about 11:20am today where there is no data. Should I email support or will the data backfill?

Same lack of data with me

Just noticed a lot of morning activity for a device but its not reflected in the graph. It only shows monthly activity, nothing under week or day and its been on and off several times already. Shouldn’t Sense be updating these immediately?

Anybody else seeing their timelines not updating since about 2 hours ago or just me?

3 hrs for me, 8 hrs on power meter, no data after 7:30 am

Everything else seems to be working for me, just looks like my timeline is stuck and not displaying new on/off events.

My experience is to give it time and I think it will all catch up. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Checking in on this issue, as it seems there may be some lingering impact here. If you have not written into support@sense.com already with your issue, please do so.

My data filled in from 7:30-11:30. I’m pretty sure it will all catch up in time.

1 Like

Mine has backfilled as well.

1 Like

Just caught up power meter… All filled in and up to date :slight_smile:
Time line still at 10 am :frowning:

1 Like

This looks to be caused by an issue with our API last night. Missing data gaps should be backfilled shortly. If you are still seeing issues, please reach out to support@sense.com.

1 Like

Still missing data but seems like a lot of people are.

As mentioned above, data gaps should backfill. We currently have a big backlog of requests to work through, data should continue to be backfilled throughout the remainder of the day.

@JustinAtSense

My meter data history seems to be fine for the most part… But the daily trending data has all kinds of gaps for all of today (even after the fix was in place this morning), as well as yesterday…

What I think I am reading from your reply is that we all just need to be patient, and that all of this data will “fill in” and populate soon… Is my assumption correct?

Thanks!

Thank you for your response.

Hi everyone. We’ve noticed a slight uptick in API response time again after the issues last night.

We’ve updated the systems status page to reflect the API issues we’re experiencing and will update once this issue is resolved. Please check the status page for updates: https://status.sense.com/.

@JustinAtSense

I am new here, having only installed my Sense just a little over a week ago, so I don’t really have any history about the reliability or consistency of the Sense service.

I just wanted you to know that my Sense solution, including the meter and the trending data is completely misbehaving today. Are you aware of this problem? Or is this not a problem on your end, but a problem on my end?

It seemed to work well for about 5 days straight, but seems to be having some hiccups and stability problems the last couple of days…

If this is not a central problem on your end, let me know and I will continue to try and troubleshoot it on my end… But if this is one of those “stand by, we know about the issue” scenarios, that would be good for me to know…

Thanks!

Hey @MikeekiM - welcome! This should be a temporary issue. I would wait until there’s an update in this thread about the status of the issues we’re chasing down/fixing before you write-in a new ticket to Support. Once a fix goes live, it should backfill the data that you’re seeing gaps around (and correct the related issues you may be seeing as well).

We have a live status page (https://status.sense.com/) that we try to keep updated once an issue is detected so we can monitor and update users once it’s fixed.