[Bug] - Network problems

Fantastic… Thanks for the update… I’ll just be patient and wait it out… :slight_smile:

I am having this issue still today, started on Monday… has this not been resolved yet?

1 Like

Very helpful. Thank you.

For the last couple days my always on is grayed out and does not show active but does show a history.

Hi @utrockets - this is part of an open bug we’re investigating. I moved your post to the corresponding thread.

Any update? Looking at the status page just shows excessive response time peaking every two hours at 50 minutes past the hour…

Please stop forcing me to have my posts subjected to forum moderator approval each and every time I post, this gets very annoying when there is actually something useful that needs to be said now, not hours later. Ty!

Still having issues, random response delays

All these issues started occurring the day the new firmware started rolling out, little suspicious.

I keep getting a “network connection error” when I select a device

I think issues show up every time there’s been a update of some sort, still don’t see any process on the current problem

2 Likes

I’m new here.
My power meter won’t load any previous data. I can only see moving forward from when I opened the app. Is this due to the current bug?

We’ve had on and off production issues since earlier this week that we’re still working on resolving. Bug reports began prior to the release of the new firmware this week. You’ll notice that the issues with API response time started prior to the firmware release on the Status page: https://status.sense.com/

looking at the graph on the status page it looks like the system that processes the data is getting stuck. I see similar issues when my radars get stuck trying to dump old data and something gets stuck in the memory causing the system to run on only 10%ish of it total memory. the systems I deal with usually refresh memory buffers once an hour to keep the system from bogging down and we usually see this if one or more of the memory modules went bad or if it wont clear. I don’t know how the Sense system works and I’m just throwing this out there.

Thanks for the regular updates @JustinAtSense. Really appreciate it. There is nothing more frustrating that being blind and not knowing what’s going on.

That said, just a quick question/curiosity… What is the operations and support model for resolving production issues like this at Sense? Is this production issue a situation where engineers are working 24x7 until it gets resolved? Or is this being worked on during normal business hours, and the attempt at resolution stops at the end of the day and then picks up the next day?

Similar question around the weekends… Are engineers working through the weekend to resolve these issues? The main reason I ask is because, as a new user (and as a generally passionate user) I have the tendency to log into the forums every few hours and during the weekends for support updates… And if you can tell me that I can expect no progress during the weekends, it will save me some angst and wasted time coming here in the hopes for an update…

Again, thanks for the regular updates @JustinAtSense. Transparency and regular updates is much appreciated!

2 Likes

For something this widespread, folks are definitely working outside traditional hours to get this resolved.

Typically, our Support team is available from 9-5 M-F, as is the rest of our team. However, a lot of the folks here are just as passionate about making and maintaining Sense as you are about using it, so there’s frequently a lot of off-hours development (especially when issues arise.)

If there are major developments, the https://status.sense.com/ page will be updated (this applies to weekends as well). That’s your best bet for receiving updates without having to manually check in on the thread here - just click “subscribe” to updates on that page. That being said, I often check-in on weekends to update threads here.

1 Like

We’re getting very close to a one-week outage! Have you considered rolling-back the offending firmware upgrade (which caused this mess) until you can better figure out what’s going on?

@adolfo, I think @JustinAtSense confirmed that this issue reared its ugly head a few days prior to the firmware release… So rolling it back won’t necessarily fix things… Since this happened prior to the firmware release, there has got to be a different root cause…

Of course, rolling back the firmware update would reduce the “noise” by bringing it back to a previously stable known state…

I’ve had no usage today I know isn’t real, my system stopped logging about 1-2am eastern today. I know there’s problems just want to confirm everyone is seeing this as it’s different than things I’ve been seeing. All usage is “other” 100%.

Having issues here too. A large block of my historical data is missing today. It was logging this morning, then a hole until later in the afternoon where it began logging again. Hoping this data is stored on the sense device itself and just needs to be uploaded to the server to be represented on the app.

looking at their status page it looks like they might be making some progress to getting this issue fixed. keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like