Capture Peak Mains Values over period of time

This might be a simple request. I purchased my sense roughly a year ago to evaluate my home energy usage in preparation for a solar/battery/inverter project. I’d like to ensure that my solution covers my peaks. I did see how I could look at hourly values over time from the export but I don’t think that covers the absolute peaks. I didn’t know if there was a way to query the information for the max value or a way to log near real time to a local host for more precision?

@flytimothy ,
Welcome !
The quick and easy way is to zoom out in the main Power Meter so you can see a full year. You won’t lose any of your peaks in the zoom process. You can gauge the height of a peak by the legend on the upper left.

1 Like

I’m actually looking for the data not the graph. I’ve done the graph part. Is there a way to get both mains individually? Thank you

@flytimothy,
Maybe possible if you are really committed. The informal Sense API, enables you to build sampling of real-time data from your Sense monitor (rate limited to once every 60 seconds). Right now voltages for L0 and L1 are exposed, but not the mains. But I’m assuming those values are available since they are visible in the Signals section.

Thank you I’ll check that out! It’s important as I need to ensure I size my inverters properly for l1 and l2. I can see the data in the floating neutral labs section so I was pretty sure I could get to it somehow. Would be cool if there would be a logger app or something that we could install on a PC for example to pull specifics down but I guess with the API there is nothing preventing me from making that :slight_smile:

Here’s a code snippet that I threw together using the informal API to show simple logging of mains voltages and frequency. It doesn’t have all the embellishments needed for long term logging (authentication updates, error handling/reconnects, formatting, etc.)

Plus it doesn’t contain separate L1/L2 power - just voltages, because the current API code doesn’t expose those. But I think that data must be available in one of the json payloads pulled by one of the calls in the API. So it would take some digging.