Coffee pot scare

So after determining that my daughters new aquarium filter was using very little power I decided to move my TP-HS110 to my wife’s coffee maker. Well with the odds against me I moved the plug and plugged her coffee maker in last night and first thing this morning she woke up and came out to make a cup of coffee and sure enough the coffee maker wouldn’t brew a pot of coffee and was beeping and shutting off. She has one of those Ninja Coffee Bars and has been using it over the past two years and loves it. I wasn’t such a big fan and i didn’t like the way the coffee tasted from the coffee maker and told her it didn’t taste good at all but she insisted it was me. I sat in the kitchen for about an hour trying to figure out what i had done to break her precious coffee maker and watching all kinds of videos on YouTube to see if i could find a solution with no luck. As it turns out the coffee maker was dirty on the inside and when i tried to run just water through it i saw sediment coming out so i ran to the store and got those coffee maker cleaning pills and sure enough the coffee tastes delicious and it works again.

2 Likes

Be careful with the regular drip filter coffee makers. There is a carbon filter in most of them that people rarely replace. I checked my mother in laws recently. It was full of gunk and mold. I cleaned it and replaced the carbon filter(I buy 10 packs and replace them every few months).
I probably need to clean the inside too. Which cleaner did you use?