Do I need to reset my Sense after solar installation?

I am having our P-V installation done this week. Once the power company completes the interconnect, along with replacing our meter to a net-meter, should I RESET my Sense and start from scratch once I install the Solar CT’s?

Thanks.

Bob

I had Sense running for about a year before plugging in the solar CTs (when my solar install happened), and everything has run fine without a reset.

1 Like

Thanks.

I just had to do a reset because we had a 200 amp service installed. We had 150 and we thought we were close to being max’d out. And with adding a 11.47 kw system, we thought now was the time to get it all done.

So I am starting from scratch and since I just reset the Sense, it will not be a big deal, but, if I don’t have to…

Bob

you really shouldn’t have to for a service upgrade either… the initial setup of the sense is basically calibrating the CT’s with your sense unit… But sounds like you are starting fresh, nothing wrong with that either… Except the waiting for it to re-learn…

You could have done an export to save at least the hourly view of your data, so you have your history to play with.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.