We wished to reach out to you as your monitor was recently flagged during our automated signal checks as experiencing a potential issue. From the data that we have received, it shows that there may be an issue in the energy reporting by one of the current sensors. In order to attempt to resolve this issue, we would recommend that your installer perform the following steps:
- Power off the Sense monitor by flipping the breaker it is attached to.
- Detach the cord which connects the current sensors to the Sense monitor.
- Unclamp one of the current sensors from around the main electrical line.
- Check the inside of the clamp to ensure that the metallic connections are free of rust, dirt, and corrosion. If needed, the sensor can be cleaned using a dry cloth.
- Re-clamp the current sensor around the same electrical line it was on previously. (Please note that failure to return the clamps to orignal lines will result in loss of data)
- Repeat this process for the other current sensor.
- Once both current sensors have been checked, ensure that they are securely clamped around the main electrical lines once again.
- Securely re-connect the current sensors to the Sense monitor.
- Power the Sense monitor back on by flipping the breaker.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Have a great day!
Sense Customer Support
*** Sense always recommends a licensed electrician when opening your electrical panel. ***