HS110 versions

What thread had all of the HS110 versions? I bought six HS110 from B&H when they had them for $17.99 a pair. The boxes say 1.1 on them but the app shows this. Should I try to get them swapped for anything newer?

Version 2 of TP-Link HS110 smart plugs

V1’s with 1.2.5 firmware work just fine. @duanetiemann did an assessment of V1 vs. V2 on the forums somewhere, but he had to work really hard directly with TP-Link to get a V2 unit, which I think had a slightly larger power capacity rating.

I got a V2 (from somewhere, I don’t remember where) and it seems to work fine w/ Sense as well. The V2 has a USB port on the side so it’s quite easily recognizable.

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll use what I have. :beers:

My V2 reported about 16W less than my V1 when stacked on the same outlet.

The V1 and V2 report data a bit differently and caught Sense off guard. They weren’t reporting V2 data. That has since been repaired.

Release notes says “support for hardware version 2 of TP-Link HS110 smart plugs”. What is different in version 2 compared to version 1?

Here: https://community.sense.com/t/firmware-update-version-1-14-2119/4141

I know user @duanetiemann did a fair amount of research into the differences. There’s nothing obvious from the datasheets that I’m seeing.

Version 2 has a USB port on it that Version 1 does not have.

Thanks. I thought there was a post around here on this topic.

Left side is V1, right side is V2.