HS110 versions

What thread had all of the HS110 versions? I bought six HS110 from B&H when they had them for $17.99 a pair. The boxes say 1.1 on them but the app shows this. Should I try to get them swapped for anything newer?

V1’s with 1.2.5 firmware work just fine. @duanetiemann did an assessment of V1 vs. V2 on the forums somewhere, but he had to work really hard directly with TP-Link to get a V2 unit, which I think had a slightly larger power capacity rating.

I got a V2 (from somewhere, I don’t remember where) and it seems to work fine w/ Sense as well. The V2 has a USB port on the side so it’s quite easily recognizable.

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll use what I have. :beers:

1 Like

My V2 reported about 16W less than my V1 when stacked on the same outlet.

The V1 and V2 report data a bit differently and caught Sense off guard. They weren’t reporting V2 data. That has since been repaired.

Release notes says “support for hardware version 2 of TP-Link HS110 smart plugs”. What is different in version 2 compared to version 1?

Here: Firmware Update: Version 1.14.2119

I know user @duanetiemann did a fair amount of research into the differences. There’s nothing obvious from the datasheets that I’m seeing.

Version 2 has a USB port on it that Version 1 does not have.

Thanks. I thought there was a post around here on this topic.

Left side is V1, right side is V2.

1 Like

What’s the latest on these? Seems like Newegg is the only place selling v2 and everyone else is selling v1. Are the measurements the same between the 2 versions now? An earlier post suggested that the measurements differ.

I only have v1 in my house and I have no problems at all. But let me check with the team and get back to you.

1 Like

@RyanAtSense - any updates?

Pardon the delay. You shouldn’t have any issues with the V2.

1 Like

So V1 and V2 should produce the same readings?

We’ve tested and did not see the differences to what @duanetiemann was referring. Perhaps that was an issue solely with the plug he had. If you get a V2 and experience an issue, definitely let us know though. I’m going to grab a few for my house to check it out, but we have one in the office and didn’t see any issues.

2 Likes

Will do. Have 4 V2 plugs arriving tomorrow. Thinking about picking up a couple of V1 plugs as well. Will report back here if I see any issues.

1 Like

I only have the 1 V2. I haven’t repeated the stacked testing. If Ryan reports that they produce the same measure, that’s good enough for me. Actually, I haven’t even stacked V1s to ensure they are consistent.

FWIW, I now have an HS300. (6 outlets). And I know there are more variants out there. The HS300 protocol is different. You have to specify a context to select the correct outlet. I haven’t worked it up yet. I assume Sense is up to speed on them all, but haven’t checked the HS300 yet. I’m still fooling with the Curb/SmartPlug combo stuff.

3 Likes