Incorrect text in UI graph (web)

Clicking on a device to inspect today’s usage, got this:

Notice the text "this was yourlife pre-Sense:. Several issues here:

1. The product name is normally not capitalized. It looks weird here
  2. This is not my life pre-sense. I’ve had a unit for over a year, and yesterday’s data shows something. The device was simply not on today so this text is misleading, except for the “No Data” part
  3. “yourlife” should have been two words
  4. The start of the second sentence “this was” should be capitalized (or removed in this case, but there is a case where it might possibly be a correct use of such a message (over 1 yr ago for me)
2 Likes

One of countless examples.

As I have posted, I suspect all coding is contracted and outsourced most likely overseas where English might not be the primary language.

1 Like

Based on what I see I would agree with that observation, certainly for all UI code, but possibly not for server side code, or the algorithmic device detection etc. In my experience as a “fixer” I have seen this kind of issue from outsourced (too) cheap coding too often.

Having said that, the customer service is making unnecessary excuses, possibly as a pre-cursor to not fixing things (“it may have been intentional”). I think at least tier 1 support is also outsourced. It is very common for such “foreign” folks to operate under English first names only to make it appear otherwise.

1 Like

No doubt support is outsourced

1 Like