LiftMaster 8355W AC Motor Garage Door Opener

Make: LiftMaster
Model: 8355W
How identified: Sense Identification

Additional Comments: Have 3 openers that are all the same model. Sense sees them as all the same . Opening and closing waveforms are pretty much the same as well. I should point out that Sense does not see the 7W Always On for each opener.

Power Specs: 120VAC, 60 Hz Voltage, 6A Current Rating, 1/2 HP AC motor, 7W when on standby

Detailed View:
Opening

2 Opens and Closes

Daily View:

Waveform Source. Device Power Meter

2 Likes

Update - adding HS110 view plus switched all 3 to LiftMaster 8550W
I was replacing some garage fluorescents with LED panels today (80W to 42W) and had the chance to put my HS110 on a couple of my garage doors that had formerly been detected by Sense. 2 revelations:

• Sense is only detecting the closing/down activation for 2 of the openers. Can’t check the third right now. Sense used to see the up cycle and down cycle of all three as just one when I did the original posting.
  • The HS110 also reveals the garage light cycle. I have 2 LED bulbs in each opener, so 20W. Once the bulbs go off, standby is now 2W vs. 7W with my previous openers.

Traveller HS110

Sense detection

3 Likes

Looks like the Sense model has improved and native detections for my 8550Ws are now tracking the Travelling HS110 again.

Native Detection

HS110 Detection

1 Like