New Device Confusion

I recently installed a new TP-link HS-110. I installed using the UI on my mobile phone. The device appears fine when viewed from that phone, but when I go into the web interface on my PC, there’s no such luck.

The device does not appear in my “Devices” list. Because the outlet does have a keep-alive draw of 4w, it does appear on the "Now’ screen. When I click on its circle, it does take me to the device information on the right side of the screen, but there is still no device selected on the left side, on the device list.

Also, when it comes up in the frame on the right, the label switches quickly back and forth between the name I gave the device and what appears to be a hex address or something: 494473f4. This quick dance always ends up using the numerical label.

Any ideas on how can I straighten this mess out?

Thanks,
Dave

How long ago was “recently”? Smart plugs can take a little bit to fully sync up (and the device id issue, 494473f4, makes it sound like things just need a bit more time). If it’s been more than a day or so, then something sounds awry. Definitely reach out to the Support team in that case.

https://sense.com/contact

It had been only a few hours between when I installed the smart plug and when I posted the problem. And as it turns out, you’re correct, it sorted itself out. Everything looks fine today.

Thanks,
Dave

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. There’s some back and forth communication that has to happened between Sense and the Kasa app. Sometimes it goes swimmingly and sometimes there can be small delays.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.